Tidal Diamond 354 – Cruiser Recovery Cancelled

Tidal Diamond No. 354


We had a catastrophic failure on the Tractor today. The drive shaft to the steering has snapped. Parts have been ordered and not available till Monday earliest. This has resulted in the remaining 23 boats that need recovering having to be delayed until the new part have been fitted.

We have strong wind warnings again for this weekend. If you have not already been out to your boat and taken preventative measures, I strongly recommend that you do so. It’s not looking to good from around midday Saturday, so tomorrow morning is the ideal window to take advantage of the RIB that will be launched to ferry those out wishing to do so. This will operate from 0900-1200 (weather permitting).

I have been in touch with the Social Committee and there will be no breakfasts served tomorrow, but please do come along and enjoy the delights that will be served over lunch time. A lot of hard work and efforts have gone into preparing the food. It will be a shame to see it wasted.

Thanks to all of those who gave up their time during the week to recover 32 boats. We will hopefully be doing the same again next week (weather permitting). For those still on moorings, please contact any of the bosuns if you are able to recover during the week.

George Thomson