- About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data Privacy
Policy and as described when we collect data from you.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk/). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
- Who are we?
- We are Portsmouth & Langstone Sailing Association. We can be contacted at email@example.com, or Portsmouth & Langstone Sailing Association, c/o Aptanet, 39 The Thicket, Waterlooville, Hants., PO7 5JL, or c/o Aptanet 023 9238 0001.
- What information we collect and why
- How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or paragraph 5.2 below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
- How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the Association and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your rights
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data
to the Information Commissioner:https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data
processing practices to our Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org or Portsmouth & Langstone Sailing Association, c/o Aptanet, 39 The Thicket, Waterlooville, Hants., PO7 5JL.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis for processing|
|Member Club’s name, address, telephone numbers and email addresses.||Managing the Member Club’s membership of the Association.||Performing the Association’s contract with the Member Club. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Association.|
|Name, email address and telephone number of the Member Club’s representation to the Association.||Managing the Member Club’s membership of the Association.||Performing the Association’s contract with the Member Club. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Association.|
|Name and email address of the Member Club’s Flag Officers and Admin Officers / Secretaries.||Managing the Member Club’s membership of the Association.||Performing the Association’s contract with the Member Club. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Association.|
|Name, email address and telephone number of each Association committee member.||Information published on Associations’ website.||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating and promoting the Association.|