Tidal Diamond No. 449
|Langstone Harbour Race Weekend
|May 2nd, 3rd & 4th
|Wanderer National Championship
|May 2nd, 3rd & 4th
|RYA Push the Boat Out
|July 4th / 5th
|Family Fun Day
|Sword Sands Fun Day
I’m pleased to report that we had a very successful Relaunch Weekend.
The tractor tried to scupper the proceedings but Andy and his team of helpers persuaded it to keep going.
As always it is a team effort and the feed back is that everyone pitched in, which as a club we do well.
Moving forward now we have a lot of boats still to launch, remember it is your responsibility to organise Driver, Banksman and enough members present for your lift to be safe, there are no more planned group launches unless you get together yourselves to organise. You need to book the Slip and the Hoist in the Bosuns log book and ensure you keep clear of any club events. Please also wash down the hoist and tractor after use to help ensure it is kept in good condition.
The key date for your Diary is the 12th May, at this point you will be charged a weekly storage fee and the Hoist and Tractor will be taken out of action for essential maintenance. There is no grace for the period the Hoist is out of action if you are not Launched, you will be charged.
Please keep us updated with your progress and your intended launch dates.
Dutyman – Calling all Wetside Volunteers
There remain a large number of vacant positions for patrol boat helms / crew and race officers for our 2015 season. There are major gaps in support for events in May in particular, including the Langstone Harbour Race Weekend. If you have not yet been into Dutyman to select your duties, please do so as soon as possible. Please do not wait for an email from Dutyman itself, as we are having ongoing problems in getting it to email members. Dutyman can be accessed directly from the links on the Tudor website. If you need help accessing Dutyman, please contact Tim Gallier on duties.
Last year we had great success in filling the roster through volunteers, but this year’s early response has been disappointing. If we are unable to fill these roles with volunteers we may need to revert to the prior method of allocating duties to members and / or we may need to cancel events. Please help us to keep the sailing calendar thriving by volunteering – especially for the May events.
Compound Re-org & Tudor Tidy Up – Saturday 25th April – 9am
Come along on Saturday to help move the dinghies into their summer spaces and also tidy up the compounds and clubhouse ahead of the open day on 17th May.
Please help us by doing the following
- Ensure your dinghy is easy to identify and move with the trolley labelled and the tyres pumped up
- Cruiser & dinghy owners please take all your rubbish home with you from where your dinghy / cruiser was, the wheeled bin is for galley and bar waste only and a skip costs a fair bit of money if we need one.
- Cruiser owners – please remove your blocks etc. from the compound
- Be reminded that road trailers are not allowed to be tied to the fence
- Bring gardening gloves, secateurs etc. and together we can shift boats, clear some weeds and generally clear up the compounds and the surrounding areas.
Langstone Harbour Race Weekend – Friday 1st May – Monday 4th May
With a couple of weeks to go there have already been over 20 entries in advance in for LHRW 2015 these come from 13 different sailing clubs, at the time of writing there are only a handful of Tudor boats signed up. Where are you all? If you are planning to attend then please enter online as soon as possible to speed up registration on Friday night.
There are still a few cruisers in the compound, please be reminded that the hoist and tractor will be taken out of action for some much needed maintenance, this will start shortly after 12th May 2015. After this date there will be no launching / recovery facilities until the work is completed.
Tudor Sailing Club Open Day, Sunday 17th May – Help Needed
TSC are holding an open day on Sunday 17th May (aka Push the Boat Out / PTBO).
There is a poster attached and I will have printed ones available shortly, please spread the word around the local area. Prospective members that sign up on the day will not have to pay the usual joining fee.
We need lots of volunteers to assist in various roles, examples are below
- Conducting tours of the club
- Car park marshalling
- Taking people out on the water in dinghies / cruisers
- Boats that we can borrow for the day to take prospective members out in (we will put in an experienced sailor) – good boats would be Visions, wanderers, wayfarers etc
- People to rig boats such as oppies
If you can spare some time to help make the open day a success (and increase our membership) then please get in touch.
Race Officer Training
We will be running Race Officer Training as follows:
- Stage 1 (club line start) – at the race box on Sunday 24th May starting at 15:00. Training will include managing the race (with support) scheduled to start at 16:30 that day)
- Stage 2 (committee boat start) – a shore based session on the evening of either May 11th or 12th (by arrangement) followed by managing the cadet race (with support) on the evening of 13th May.
Anyone wanting to attend any of these sessions please contact Janice Bell