Tidal Diamond No. 369
Galley Now Open 16th February
Thanks to a new volunteers, Jason Chipper & co, the galley will now be open on February 16th. The bar is also open that Sunday so a full service is available !
If you would like to volunteer for galley duties this year please let me know.
Galley Myths Buster
Interested in covering a Galley Duty but not sure what it involves? Hopefully this should allay any of your fears:
- General menu – Pasties, Jacket Potatoes & fillings, Salads
- Food – all provisions provided by social committee with the exception of potatoes and bread (purchased on the day at Morrisons by galley volunteer)
- Expenses – refunded using expenses form held in Galley
- Hours 1200 – 1400 on Sundays
- Use microwave and oven simple
- Guidance left in Communication Book
- Opportunity to do a shadow shift to find your feet. Galley training available prior to any duty.
- Dishwasher available or rubber gloves if you prefer
- Great way to get to chat to members
Presentation Evening & Supper – This Saturday 8th Feb
The Presentation evening is this weekend (Sat 8th Feb) with reception drinks from 6.00pm and presentations starting 6.30pm.
There is also a very informal supper after the presentations which will be served at approximately 7.30pm. Food choice will be Chicken Chasseur or Beef Bourguignon followed by dessert.
At the moment we have 36 people booked for the food so there are still places available if you would like to come along. We need to know by Thursday evening if you would like to attend so that we can buy in and prepare the correct amount of food.
If you would like to book a place please email socialsec with the number of tickets required your choice of chicken or beef.
Tickets can be paid for on the night.